of folks in old Millsboro SDA Church picture requested
Photo dated to 1948/1949
group is meeting at a home in Milford, DE
Mon, Jan 13, 2014
grew up in the Dover SDA church and often visited the Milford and Milsboro
SDA church meeting around Milford, Delaware.
The leader is Garfield (Geoffrey) A. Mosley, 3rd from left around the table. Garfield Mosley (#19, face lightened in the photo below) died 1953 at age 68.
I recognize some of the people in this picture from the Millsboro Seventh-day Adventist Church that was founded by some of the members of the Street Family. I went to that church with my great-grandmom and remember some of the people in the picture. I will try to forward this picture to one of the Norwood's who could identify quite a few from that church's branch.
Who I recognize is:
1. the man standing to the far left by the lady with the flowered dress holding his glasses in his hand is Emery C. Norwood of Millsboro.
2. the woman standing with the flowered dress on is his wife Catherine Street Norwood.
3. The man standing directly behind Catherine Norwood with the checked tie is Sylvester A. Norwood of Millsboro.
4. The man standing to the far right with a lighter colored suit on looking to the side by the door with the blinds is Carlos Street of Millsboro.
5. The man standing second over from Carlos Street looking directly at camera with salt and peppered hair is Samuel Barnes Norwood - Brother to Emery.
6. Girl standing at the top of the stairs with a lighter colored blouse on with hands folded in front of her which cannot be seen is Fedora Norwood - daughter of Samuel B. Norwood and Thelma Norwood.
7. The man looking sideways second down on stairs with black suit on is Lester Davis son of Minnie and Charles Davis of Millsboro. I will try to get more folks here identified by folks from home.
Jan 2, 2010, contributes
the following IDs: (BLUE LINES)
I sat down with Mrs Blanche (Hughes) Hickerson who was my first grade teacher at Booker T in Dover. She is #9 in this photo. She said
1. is a daughter
of a Street
She said the man in the center that we have as Samuel Norwood is Melvin Wilson husband of Emma Wilson (10).
I forgot to ask her what year this was. I will find out.
History and Genealogy of the Mixed-blood
All rights reserved.
Not to be used for commercial purposes.